Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I Hate the Decisions I Make In Dreams.

Do you ever wake up from a dream mad or embarrassed at yourself for a choice you made in your dream?
It's awkward because I think I would never do that but then I start thinking about the sub-conscious and then maybe some secret part of me would do that........but no I'm pretty most of the things I do in dreams I would never do in real life.
And it's never awesome things I do in the dreams, it's always something lame, stupid or embarrassing.
Also people in my dreams make decisions in that I disprove of and I have to remind myself not to be mad at them in real life. (There was a great Flight of the Conchords episode where Bret has to apologize to Jemaine and Mel for his wrong actions in her dream)

The other night I had a dream...

* Toothpaste For Dinner comic

I am not going to relay the whole dream, but essentially it was about our spiritual family.
A few years ago I had a traumatic and hurtful experience with part of the church. To make a very long story short, I had some disagreements and they disagreed with me disagreeing. It ended badly with me along with others getting hurt and rejected. Since then my involvement in the "organized church" has been limited and my communication with that particular group non-existent.
In my dream, I was with that group again. I was at one of their meetings, and it was awful. They were being un- Biblical, controlling, manipulative, and hurt and embarrassed the children (my students) who were there. Once I stopped them from hurting my kids and the meeting ended, I was furious at them for what they had done. They had hurt my students, and were not following the Spirit.
The dream continued and when everyone left, I was going to have harsh words with the leader, when I noticed how trashed the place was. At first I started helping clean because I didn't want them to think I made the mess, but then I felt sorry for them that they were taken advantage of in that way so I stayed and helped clean what was a completely trashed house.
Since I never would have done that in real life (I don't even like cleaning up after people I like) I knew it was worth paying attention to.

Ok.
Christians are the Body of Christ, His bride.
We are all a part of this body, a common kin-ship and bond.
Brothers and Sisters in Christ, that makes us family.
Soooo that means even the not so favorite members are still family.

Real family relationships can be tricky at times. We can get hurt or offended by them or hurt or offend them, but that doesn't change the way we feel for them. My family needs something, I drop everything to help. Even if we are mad at each other, there is a bond in families that goes beyond emotions.
In my dream the Lord was reminding me that this is how our relationship with our Spiritual family is supposed to be.
When He told me this I was driving to work and I responded out loud with: "DAMN!"
I have not been acknowledging part of my family, essentially because I don't trust them and they hurt my feelings (errr and pride).
In the dream, I was reminded that we don't have to agree, and we don't have to be best friends, but every Christian is our family. We are on the same side. (even though it doesn't feel that way sometimes)

They have all these show on TV nowadays about people finding lost family members. They are very touching, and its amazing how people who have never met, instantly connect when they meet because they are family.
It makes me disheartened that our Spiritual family doesn't operate like this all the time. Sometimes it does and those friendships are beautiful. Think about the millions of Believers all over the world, and how powerful and great it would be to meet them all, being joined with our family we never met.
The show also has people who through life hardships or disagreements, have lost touch with their family. Hurt and pride keep people away from each for years and years, until someone releases their pride and makes contact.
I said damn because I have not been open and kind to all the Christians I know and God totally called me on it. I also was mad because I know it's right and I don't really want to, or know how.
I just know for the first time in a long time, my heart towards the general Body of Christ is much more open and I desire to be re-united with those who have been disjointed through hurts.

I have talked with several other people who are feeling this draw back into the Body and desire for that is returning I think to Believers.
Which is exciting and hard at the same time....

3 comments:

  1. ♥ It is time for extended family..for a family reunion with the Body of Christ. At Bonnie and Mahesh's conference, all of us began to sing in harmony, and Suzi said, "Isn't it wonderful when we all sing as one?" And she was right.

    ReplyDelete