When ever people say watch for black ice I always imagine it like a video game. Like in the picture above, I'll just be driving along and then WHAM! BLACK ICE MONSTER comes out of the ground and eats me. Or maybe sometimes its more like black ice is an invisible projection pad, that is set off by driving over it. When you drive over this type of black ice it acts like a launching pad and suddenly projects your car into the air like a giant spring.
I guess its a good thing its not in fact this way.
I had some fun conversations with my students last week:
student- Coffee stunts your growth.
me- No, I drink coffee all the time and look how tall I am.
student- Yeah but you're super old.
student- Spidey senses are better then flying. What if you are getting punched? How would you sense it coming?
me- I would see it coming and fly above it.
student- What about heat seeking missiles?
me- I wouldn't make enemies with people who had heat seeking missiles.
student- Ms Kansas we are creating our perfect neighborhood, and you have a house there.
me- Oh yeah?
student- Yes your house is right by Bret Farve's and in the Zaxbys parking lot.
Thats all I have to say today.

No comments:
Post a Comment